Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Welcome to my blog

I'm gonna start by saying thanks for checking out my blog!  So I have thought about doing this for a while and well now seemed like a good time, no time like the present right?  

So as I sit here pondering my first post I'm watching basketball on mute while listening to some music.  There was a lot of different tunes that came on my iPod today but alas I'm currently stuck on Lady Lamb the Beekeeper's "Up on the Rafters/Bird Balloons.  What I love most about this song is definitely the "bird balloons" portion of the song.  this may be slightly influenced by my best friend who just absolutely loves that part of the song but today I've listened to the entire 10 min and 56 seconds of this song and have a new love for it as a whole.

As I'm about to listen to this song for the 5th time tonight, I'm still drawn by the fact that the only music for the first 4 min and 40 seconds is the sound of her voice.  Where I'm always pleasantly surprised is at 4 min and 42 second when the guitar comes in and her voice is just so raw it draws you and I see how it is that my best friend can love this section of the song so much more.  I guess to truly feel it you have to hear it, I say go ahead and skip through to 4 min and 42 seconds and just take it in.

On that note I'm gonna call it a night till the next day I write.

1 comment:

  1. oh yeah, totally skip to 4 mins in. then it gets fucking amazing!!

    ReplyDelete