Monday, April 11, 2011

It's a wrap on my Music Diary

So as my part in the diary project comes to an end it's time to sum up the weekend!  There is a lot to cover so I think I'm gonna miss a few things...haha.  So any way here goes with this mess


Lets start with the something new that I wish I had discovered long before, Tokyo police club.  They are so good.  It was a listening recommendation from Last FM and I have to say it was a good one to take.  Nature of Experiments was my intro to this group and it was perfect!  They are a lot of fun, have a great sound you just have to hear them!  


After that I listened to a bit of Daithi ODronai.  Well he is my cousin and working hard to introduce his sound as far as he can!   I'm possibly slightly biased because I can say that I know him but his sound is amazing.  He with the help of his fiddle, a looping machine and a few other things has developed a sound that is anything but traditional Irish!  He has been on a few of those reality tv talent shows and has gone quite far, definitely a must discover and I encourage everyone to check him out, you will not be disappointed! 

Lets see where to next, oh yeah Deck Space by Kenin.  I found this song through a friend who made me an awesome Mix CD which I promptly copied and put on my iPod.  She really knew my taste in music and I can honestly say that there is not one song on this mix that I do not like.  Deck Space is a great song that is simple in its creating and doesn't leave you behind.  From the eased intro you immediately begin counting time along with the beat and it doesn't stop till the end. 

If you like that the rest of the mix is a little bit of Gomez, Interpol, Bloc Party, Calexico, Jem, The eels ect.  It is amazing  you just need to discover a few for yourself.  A few I didn't mention are 
Alkaline Trio ,
my personal Favorite The Postal Service

 














Aside from those Ray Lamontage made me long to know "Meg White, Tame Impala reminded me that "Solitude is Bliss", and that Metric says "help I'm Alive" so "Gimmie Sympathy" .   There was also an 80's Flashback of Depeche Mode because as we all know "people are people".  But Dave Matthews reminded me of one of my favorite lyrics "I like my coffee with Toast and Jelly but I'd rather be licking you from your back to your belly" man "shake me like a monkey" so fun! 

Anyway It is officially back to the grind that is called work and thus has come to an end of my part of the music Diary project!.  This has been fun and I think that I just may continue it! My last sentence is typed as I listen to some amber Pacific playing Here we stand!



Later till my next musing!

No comments:

Post a Comment