Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another day another music diary!

So here I am on a Thursday and I am ready to ponder over the notes of my music diary.  It was a great day for music I must say.  A lot of what I heard today flowed with what I was doing, other stuff really just made the rest go by faster! So where to start....

Well I guess I'll start with a song that really got me through a long and tedious meeting, Rebellion(lies) by Arcade Fire.  This was perfect because as I sat through the meeting I pondered if the music was almost in tune with how I felt this meeting was turning out.  It's such a great song and really kinda talks to you; you can't not tap your foot, or pen along to the beat regardless of who is staring at you.  Just remember they are jealous of your impeccable music taste!

What better way to follow that than with some Passion Pit!  So I found myself at one point, even though on shuffle, I got two great Passion Pit songs one right after the other.  You are totally wondering what they are I know it!  Well the first was Swimming in the flood.
After that I came To Kingdom Come.
Both songs are really great and totally made my day.  What more could I ask for....

Well it definitely didn't stop there for after another meeting I got to hear a great band I only discovered recently and no it wasn't through the commercials they were featured in this past holiday season.  I found them before Holiday based commercials inundated my TV viewing.  What band you ask...why it was Pomplamoose and the song was "I Don't Know".  This duo is so much fun and this as well as their other songs are just well genius.  If you don't know them then you really need to take a listen; anything you find is a lot of fun...Like their lady gaga cover!

Today there was a lot of Xavier Rudd to listen to and well as I do really like all of his stuff the one that I liked the most today was Let me Be!.  This song could not have come on at a more perfect time....I had just finished a training session to come back to my desk with many emails to respond to and co workers at my desk and they all had questions...lots and lots of questions!  

Some other memorable tunes for the day were:
careless whisper - seether
Flathead - the Fratellies
Oh Christine - the cave singers
this years love - david gray
it's beginning to get to me - snow partol
jeremy storm - tame impala
#41 - Dave matthews

So what diary would be complete without an overview of some of the songs that got me home!  Well there was Drive in Drive out - Dave Matthews.  This is a favorite for me and one that was made better because it was live!  That was followed by yet another Xavier Rudd song In Transit then I got a little Perpetual Groove with Three weeks.  All of these songs plus others made the traffic less painful. 

Well that was today....I wonder what tomorrow will bring!  I guess just wait and see!

Till the next musings!

No comments:

Post a Comment