Thursday, April 7, 2011

So after reading Trashostereo's blog I decided to jump on the band wagon and work on my music diary.  Yesterday was a very random listening day from the moment I got in the car!  As I drove in I was reminded that I have not listened to enough Rilo Kiley.  Dreamworld made me wish that I was not driving to work but in fact really anywhere else.  That was ironically followed by Dave Matthews singing drive in drive out, the version was live from Richmond, VA in 1996.  I was not at that particular show but I was at one of the shows that year and I remember having the most amazing time.  Yes even now I have a soft spot for Mr. Matthews and his band!

When I got to work among the chaos of training people on how to create hyperlinks in their word documents and zipping files that are way to big for the email system there were breaks of amazing music!  The first song that stuck out for me was Grace Potter and the Nocturnals, I totally forgot that I did in fact have quite a few selections from her, singing One Short Night from the self titled album.

After a few training sessions I returned to a classic that many people don't know about and is very hard to find; It was the band Kara's Flowers (many of you know them as Maroon 5) with the song "Myself".  That song kinda came up just at the right point....I was so done with helping people at that point and this song just let that demon go!  Its a great song to just want to belt out along but in cubical setting probably not the best so I just yelled the lyrics in my head!

The ride home in the rain was made that much better as I listened to both Matt and Kim albums on Shuffle.  If you have not heard them they are so much fun and amazing!  Saw them at the Siren festival last year and it was so much fun!  The songs that are definite must hears are Daylight and Yea yeah (their most well known) but some really great songs that are full of life and fun are Good Ol' Fashion Nightmare, Frank , Lightspeed.....you know what just check out both their albums you won't regret it!

well as I would truly love to continue on I don't want to over do and there is so much left to talk about on Thursday!

Till Thursday night.

1 comment: